Lead

Sep 12 09 3:38 PM

Tags : :

a few pics of the quad i made today it took a while but still testing her out ..

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/ericcson/
Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 13 09 8:34 AM

Superb, what better way to spend your weekends Great job indeed, should hear you better now Mike

"By all means thing youself big, but never think others small"...................R. F. Scott

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 22 10 1:22 AM

I am guessing that with the antenna fed from the bottom it is horizontally polarized?
Looks great. I have one in the attic but it lies flat. I'm a little confused on the polarity of a loop that lies flat.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in DC.

The Country Preacher said that, and he don't lie.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 25 10 12:56 AM

ericcson wrote:
a quad loop single element on the flat side with act omnidirectional crazy but its true

Thanks, that's what I thought, just wasn't too sure.

I built a single element quad with shorter spreaders and smaller dimensions. I used nearly the same length of conductor around the quad, but pulled in like a Maltese cross so it could be made smaller. It tuned out with good SWR, and I supported it parallel to the ground about 4' up from the earth and talked omni with it while testing it. I never built a reflector nor director to turn it into a beam, although that was the intention. Perhaps I can drag it out, photograph it, and post it if anyone wants to see it.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 26 10 12:42 AM

it was a chuck to gether and the swr is well weird if i put it at 9 ft off the ground its 1.1.1 on 26.115 then raise it to 15 feet its 1.1.1 on 26.755 etc at every 600 kcs up it rises then flattens out well strange cant complain thow its like 1.2.1 on 27.555 15 watts 7 quid spain not bad hehe

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 23 10 12:15 AM

thanks for the links.
i noticed you are running it horizontally polarized. How have you done with it on DX. i would imagine quite well.
looks great!

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in DC.

The Country Preacher said that, and he don't lie.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help